ZX Spectrum 128k R Tape Loading Error The amount of times my 8 year old self was haunted by the message 'R Tape Loading Error' is actually criminal. The ZX Spectrum 128k tape loader was my very first computer- and maybe due to its primitive nature, the reliability was a little, let's say... off. My parents bought it when I was approximately aged 3, however why I would use it at this age is completely beyond me. Apparently I used to pull it out from the behind the sofa, plug it into the mains, plug the adapter into the TV set and at least get the blurry start up screen on. I have written about the ZX Spectrum before and my love hate relationship with it before. You can read that article here at least it shows I actually have abiding memories on the topic. Watch a real R Tape Loading Error ZX Spectrum 128k tape loader breakage worries My main fear with the ZX Spectrum 128k, obviously after I was three years old ( I have a three year old currently and even though he is cl...
Rupert didn't want to go swimming today. This was a little odd as he usually loves it. He got in and started crying straight away. I had a feeling before we even set off that this would happen as he didn't eat his breakfast either. We decided straight away to take him home. I think this was the right decision as I personally think forcing a child to do something when they don't want to (within reason) is a bad course of action. Anyway, we went home and he was a little off all day, not ill, just a bit off or maybe tired. I'm glad we didn't force him. Obviously I think differently over school as that is something they must do whether they like it or not and it is the teacher's responsibility to make school as fun as it can be. Ben Stokes' new England brand of play- basically being overly aggressive- has taken a hit. India finished on about 410 all out. Jasprit Bumrah of all people took Stuart Broad for 35 off one over- a new test record. England in response,...
Summer 1993 If you are reading this and nodding, then like me, you are probably old. If you are googling 'what are phonecards?' you probably are not old. Plot twist- I am not old, at the point of writing I am 38- but when things that I remember are no longer in our culture and way of life, it does have a habit of making me feel a little bit... well... old! So phonecards... In a misty time... a time before smartphones... a time before Google... a time before iPads... an altogether simpler time... we had something call phone boxes. Obviously you have heard of phoneboxes. We still have them now, although I really don't think anyone uses them- I haven't used them in easily 20 years. But when these were in common use- somewhere back in the late 90s- what happened when you didn't have any change to push into the telephone so you could ring your mum to come and pick you up when you were stranded miles from home? Well... we had something called a phonecard! These were pre...
Comments
Post a Comment